Information for schools
CQT is keen to work with schools to support and encourage interest in science in young students. These are activities we support at the moment - also check our public events for chances to find our scientists at festivals and exhibitions.
- Workshop: We offer the week-long Generation Q Camp in June for students nearing the end of high school. Applications are invited via schools. The camp is suited to students enthusiastic in physics, maths or computer science who would like to learn more about modern research in quantum information and cryptography.
- Talks: Schools can invite one of our scientists to give a talk in their classroom. Please contact us to ask.
- Visits: We can sometimes arrange visits to CQT for students to attend a talk and tour our labs (the maximum group size we can host is around 30), depending on the availability of our researchers. Please contact us to enquire.
- Textbook: Six Quantum Pieces, an introductory textbook coauthored by CQT Principal Investigator Valerio Scarani and two high-school students, is available to order here
- Comic Book: "Sir Fong's Adventures in Science, Book 5: The Quantum Bunny" was created by Singapore cartoonist Otto Fong and supported by CQT. The book is available in Singapore bookshops and as an ebook on iTunes Learn more at www.ottoniumcomics.com.
Please send all questions about CQT's outreach for schools to firstname.lastname@example.org