Earn a PhD @ CQT
The CQT Scholarship Programme serves to attract highly talented students to undertake PhD studies at CQT, under the umbrella of the National University of Singapore, by offering top-class education in a vibrant environment, supported by a generous scholarship. Research and training at CQT are multidisciplinary, with each student having a focus in Science, Computing, or Engineering.
For further enquiries, please write to CQTPhD@nus.edu.sg
What We Offer
World class education in quantum information science with
- Research projects on
- Experimental and theoretical quantum physics
- Information theory, both from the mathematical physics perpective and the computer science view
- Quantum cryptography and quantum computation
- Single-photon, single-atom physics
- Ultracold gases and ions
- Lecture courses on physics, mathematics and computer science
- International internships and collaborations
- Generous financial support
Who Is Eligible
- Open worldwide
- Graduates with a passion for research in quantum information
- Graduates with at least good 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications
We have now about 50 students at CQT taking their graduate studies.
Students can approach any of the center's Principal Investigators to ask about opportunities to work with them.
We encourage potential applicants to explore the group's research pages.
A multi-ion optical clock
Supervisor: Murray Barrett
The development of an optical clock based on a small Coulomb crystal of Lutetium ions.
Quantum Gases with Ultracold Polar Molecules
Supervisor: Kai Dieckmann
PhD research project to study a quantum gas of dipolar ground-state molecules.
Ultracold Rydberg gases
Supervisor: Wenhui Li
PhD research project to study quantum dynamics of ultracold Rydberg gases via high-resolution imaging.