The Centre is looking for talented and driven Research Fellows to join the research group of Prof. Valerio Scarani, working in theoretical aspects of quantum optics and quantum information.
The position is open for one year, starting as early as possible and no later than 15 January 2020. Renewal for one year or longer can be considered in case of good performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a theoretical research project in the field of detection and characterisation of many-body entanglement and nonlocality.
- Besides personal research work, this involves coordinating the work of students (Ph.D. and/or undergraduate) that are working on the topic.
- Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. in Physics.
- Familiarity with both theoretical and experimental research.
- Proved capacity of working with several co-workers.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications in the field of many-body entanglement, quantum tomography, Bell nonlocality and related topics./li>
- Experience of teaching and/or follow-up of younger students’ projects in the university context./li>
- Readiness to travel overseas for conferences and collaborations.
- Strong communication skills and writing skills.