The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for talented and motivated mechanical design engineers to join a dynamic team developing science-grade CubeSats and opto-electronic instruments for state-of-the-art, quantum communications experiments.
The successful candidates will be responsible for drafting detailed mechanical designs of optomechanical instruments and their interfaces to CubeSat spacecraft and other platforms. The candidates are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Work with a team of scientists and engineers to design components and assemblies of optical components maintained in precise alignment in the relevant environments.
- Produce detailed, practical CAD models using solidworks.
- Specify materials and processing techniques and communicate effectively with machinists and manufacturers.
- Take part in integration and assembly of CubeSat satellites and quantum optics payloads in a cleanroom environment.
- Minimum Qualifications: B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- A proven track-record in CAD drafting and design work is desirable.
- Previous experience with aerospace/scientific projects is helpful.
- Previous experience with Solidworks, Siemens SimCenter (NX) and scientific projects is helpful.
For our group website see:
For overview articles on satellites see: http://www.quantumlah.org/media/story/2012_OPN_Alexfeature.pdf
Interested applicants may apply the position click here.
Closing Date: 20-Jan, 12:00AM.