Berge Englert Group
We are investigating questions that can be grouped into two categories: (1) quantum information proper and (2) cold atoms.
- A central theme is the perennial question: What can we know about a quantum system? Specific problems under study concern complementarity and its immediate consequences, such as quantitative aspects of wave-particle duality; measurement schemes for quantum state tomography; the reconstructing of quantum states from noisy and incomplete measurements; as well as the robust encoding of quantum information for the purposes of storage and processing.
- We are interested in ultracold dilute gases of neutral atoms, fermions and bosons, in two-dimensional and one-dimensional geometries, which will soon be ready for experimental studies at CQT and elsewhere. The problems under study include the band structure, transport properties, and finite-temperature effects of many-atom systems in periodic lattices, such as the graphene-type honeycomb lattice; strongly interacting systems of this kind; mixtures of fermions and bosons; existence and phenomenology of the FFLO phase in one- dimensional and two-dimensional systems; superfluidity and other phases with particular properties; and analogs of the Hall and spin-Hall effects.
|Berge Englert (Principal Investigator)||Li Xikun (CQT PhD Student)|
|Benoit Gremaud (CQT Fellow)||Manan Jain (CQT PhD Student)|
|Ng Hui Khoon (Assistant Professor)||Sanjib Ghosh (CQT PhD Student)|
|Martin-Isbjorn Trappe (Research Fellow)||Seah Yi-Lin, Max (CQT PhD Student)|
|Shang Jiangwei (Research Fellow)||Sim Jun Yan (CQT PhD Student)|
|Zheng Yicong (Research Fellow)||Ulrike Bornheimer (CQT PhD Student)|
|Chai Jing Hao (CQT PhD Student)||Ye Luyao (CQT PhD Student)|
|Len Yink Loong (CQT PhD Student)|
- CQT Professors elected Fellows of the American Physical Society
- Eight CQT PhD students awarded degrees at 2015 ceremony
- Presenting CQT's Annual Report for 2014
- Witness scheme detects entanglement efficiently
- Professor celebrates publication of lecture notes